AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR’S NEWEST PRODUCT MANAGER
You will be responsible for managing all production operations and shop activities in the metal manufacturing processes, such as machining, metal forming, assembling, and welding. As the Production Manager, you will also be responsible for establishing, monitoring, and verifying the proper fabrication of assemblies as it pertains to welding, final assembly, painting, the overall production schedule of numerous simultaneous projects and the quality of the final product.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
Essential Job Functions
- Organize, supervise, direct and lead a diverse workforce.
- Foster a team environment and work effectively with peers from all departments.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with a high level of initiative, urgency and flexibility.
- Interview new applicants and make recommendations for hiring, promotions or changes in status of welders, fabrication, assembly and CIP/Manufacturing Engineer personnel.
- Create and manage the weekly staffing schedule for production employees to also include minimizing the amount of overtime and determining approval of vacation or time off requests.
- Manage the production schedule and identify lead times to provide to the customer.
- Promote the CIP Program and participate in decision making and implementation of ideas submitted.
- Follow company polices, standards, and specifications along with having involvement in developing these with the General Manager and Human Resources.
- Planning and implementation of internal training programs to continue providing personnel with a good knowledge of company products.
- Work with inside sales to ensure finished goods are being billed within a specified timeline.
- Analyze problems and cultivate alternative solutions.
- Enforce and practice safety for all shop floor activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of related work experience with 2 years in a related supervisory level position.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with production planning including: scheduling, inventory.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Management and team management principles.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills and the ability to direct multiple projects.
- Bonus opportunities – [Performance based]
- Health benefits.
- Vacation time.