AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR’S NEWEST DESIGN ENGINEER
You will perform a variety of engineering tasks in leading, planning and design (or redesign) of liquid manure injection products and/or product components. You will work closely with with other engineering or production disciplines to ensure proper implementation of design proposals. Preparing sketches or complete detail and layout drawings derived from verbal or written instructions on our most complex products can be expected.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
- Will be actively involved in developing original designs or adaptations to current product lines.
- Plans and conducts assignments of more than one project simultaneously. Review progress and evaluates results.
- May lead and/or direct projects through entire product life cycle; inception through production and maintenance of product line (Combined design and manufacturing engineering).
- Prepares complete 3D models and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on complex parts, products, fixtures, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and resourcefully solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Will contribute to continuous improvement and corrective action teams to ensure proper implementation of quality improvements, cost reduction projects, and process improvements.
- Researches and investigates new materials, methods, production processes and suppliers that benefit the design, function and production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Ag Engineering with Power and Machinery focus.
- 1 – 3 years of related product design experience.
- Demonstrated ability in accomplishing goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with heavy machinery, agricultural equipment/systems, diesel engines, hydraulics, pumps, etc.
- Manufacturing workplace experience.
- Agriculture background is an added bonus.
- Highly mechanically inclined, with a demonstrated ability to absorb knowledge of mechanical systems quickly.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software – Pro-E/Creo preferred.
• Bonus opportunities.
• Health benefits.
• Vacation time.