AS BAZOOKA FARMSTAR’S NEWEST DEALER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Bazooka Farmstar sells its products and services through a network of independently owned dealers serving the manure application equipment markets. The Dealer Development Manager will work under Marketing and alongside Sales to ensure high quality Bazooka Farmstar dealerships through North America.
This will include ensuring dealers are properly trained on understanding all Bazooka Farmstar product features and benefits as well as effective troubleshooting in order to effectively sell Bazooka products to customers, which will in turn, drive Market Share growth. This position will be responsible for leading all aspects of the dealer program including, but not limited to; events, communications, tools and resources, brand requirements, promotions and incentives, merchandise and sales collateral, and product-training efforts. It will include identifying gaps in dealer, customer and Bazooka employee product knowledge, defining overall product training strategy, which will include leading the development and execution of all training processes, content, and supporting materials. The training curriculum will utilize effective training methodologies, taking into consideration various learning styles and utilizing subject matter expert input.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for defining, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of dealer profitability, customer satisfaction, and growth. Attention to detail, communication, and business relationships are key to being successful.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty.
Dealer Program Responsibilities
- Identify areas for growth and development programs to accomplish goals.
- Provide yearly business reviews on dealers to include financial, sales, and inventory for the Sales & Marketing Managers.
- Develop plans for addressing performance, policy and procedural deficiencies.
- Work with Sales & Marketing Managers to ensure planning and completion & follow-up.
- Work with Sales & Marketing Managers to fill any open distribution areas.
- Pursue, with Sales & Marketing Managers, alternative distribution in areas where under performance has been identified.
- Record/network all new dealer prospect opportunities.
- Develop future strategies for North American distribution channels.
- Oversee and/or participate in events and trade shows, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training Development Responsibilities
- Identify training gaps and develop strategies to close gaps per dealership.
- Responsible for creating curriculum utilizing instructional design including assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation; develops training project plans including specific courses and content.
- Support all training efforts by developing formalized training plans and processes that utilize effective training methodologies, identifies various learning styles, and uses subject-matter-expert input.
- Oversees all presentations, content and materials are professional and follow brand standards.
- Assess on-going understanding of products, programs and procedures with the DSRs to develop further educational plans.
- Defines and coordinates online product training needs with Product Marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related communications field. The Dealer Development role requires a combination of analytical, marketing and training mindsets, leading always with a “customer first” mentality. The Dealer Development Manager leads dealer success and must be empathetic toward the pain points. Specific skills required include:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a dealer network setting strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing training programs preferred.
- Experience in sales, marketing or account management setting.
- Ability to manage fast-paced workload and add value to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Incredible people skills.
- Experience leading others a plus, but not required.
- Organized, punctual, and detail-oriented.
- Willingness to embrace the ever-changing agriculture landscape
- Fast learner.
- Maintains professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to represent the company in a positive manner.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Bonus opportunities – [Performance based]
- Health benefits.
- Vacation time.